Friday, January 7, 2011

"Rough Draft of a Love Song" (A Sheri Kinda Love Song)

So, yesterday at lunch, my awesome roommate Angela told me I should spend my empty time writing a love song. I, being up to any challenge where writing is concerned, took her up on it and this is what came out of it. 


Before you read this I should give you three warnings: One- I'm NO song writer; Two-I play NO instruments so this song has no melody; and Three- I had NO muse and wrote this out of pure creation (Inception flashback, anyone?). That being said, enjoy a "Sheri Gaches kind of love song" (because apparently a love song written by me is supposed to be really interesting). 


Also, if any YAHOO out there gets a wild hair and decides to jack any of these lyrics in part, or entirety, I hereby proclaim that I (Sheri Gaches) wrote this song January 6th, 2010, and if anyone uses any of said work without my permission or citing me, it is plagiarism. Enjoy:)


"Rough Draft of a Love Song"
(vs1)
I stopped praying for a Prince
but still hoped that they existed
Filled my mind with all the doubts
to keep from being disappointed
And so for years I've been a hollow shell
But something happened and I've really gotta tell you

(chorus)
You weren't exactly what I wanted
but exactly what I love.
I tried to shut myself off
but you just called my bluff.
I can't imagine how my life  would be without you.
This is a rough draft of a love song written for you.

(vs 2)
All I knew of love was a lovely mix
of Jane Austen novels and rough experience
You were playin Chutes and Ladders
in a 3d dimension.
With my heart as the prize 
and pride as competition. 

(Chorus)

(Bridge)
So Mr. Darcy isn't all he's cracked up to be.
It's all good because I'd rather have reality.
And even if you ever choose to leave,
I'll take the risk because not to would be cowardly

(Chorus twice)



THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment