Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Chillens!

Logan, my original kid before I liked kids :-)

As anybody that has known me for a while will tell you, I've NEVER been a kid person. Don't get me wrong, I love children, I've just never been able to be around them for long amounts of time (thus I have a degree in SECONDARY education.)

However, in the past year, God has done something very miraculous in my life. He has enabled me to develop a passion for children and has used me to love them to Christ. (Before you think this is a bragging session, believe me, it's purely a shout out to the Lord because He's the real worker in this situation.)

It all began this summer when God called me to work at the Oklahoma Baptist Children's Home in OKC. I went thinking I would be working primarily with the teens and leaving the little kids to the other two missionaries. While I did form great relationships with the teens, the age group I found myself focusing on was the younger children. I woke up every morning looking forward to playing with them, eating meals with them and letting them crawl all over me in the pool. After the summer was over, I was so sad to leave but figured this bout with working with kids was over...I was so wrong!

During the summer I was asked by my friend Larissa if I would be willing to babysit her daughter Jadyn every Wednesday while she was at class. Being close to Larissa and Jadyn for a while, I couldn't refuse. Not only that, I was asked to teach the 4 & 5 yr. old choir at my church on Wednesday nights. By this time it was obvious God was calling me out of my comfort zone, so I said yes. Hanging out with Jadyn and teaching that class has been the biggest blessing in my life this semester. I even worked my classes around next semester so that I could teach the class again next semester.

Through all this time, God has been using me, and it's all Him because  I certainly don't have the "natural ability" to do what I'm doing. That being said, I'd like to show everyone the kids in my life, be prepared to be keeled over by the cuteness:) Unfortunately, they're in NO order because this is my first time using pictures:/

This is Jadyn:-) I've known her since she was two. I'm really gonna miss our weekly adventures.
                                  
This little guy is Levi Pruitt! He hits his head alot but we still love him:)
The wonderful Memorial cottage from OBHC. I miss them everyday!


This girl is "My Pheobe". Her parents are houseparents at OBHC and we got super tight this summer!

This thoughtful little guy is Super Jack. He's all heart and all logic, it's pretty amazing!
I love having him on Wednesday!

lol lol OH TYLER! Every Wednesday this kid cracks me up! Class Clown/Most Popular

Ben and Adleigh Fuller (Awesome Mom Angie, pictured). These kids are my pride and joy,!
The wonderful Pickett boys. Unfortunately I only have two of them on Wednesdays
but they are all wonderful!
This is Super Jack's little brother Elliot! His laugh is contagious
and I love getting to hold him:-)

Jack and Elliot's sister Meredith is a total girly girl.
Every time I see her she pretends at first that she doesn't know me,
 eventually we're friends again:-)



These are just a few of the wonderful Chillens in my life, I hope their parents don't mind that I posted them on my blog:/ lol

2 comments:

  1. Love it...Your supergirl powers are getting stronger with each prayer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post Sheri! It so cool to see how God is using you in the lives of all these little ones. You are doing a great job, and I am so glad that you are going to be teaching again on Wednesdays next semester. Thank you for all you do for our family and many others! We love you!

    ReplyDelete