Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Keep Your Rain Drops on Roses!! (I Don't Even Wanna TALK About Whiskers on Kittens!)

The other day, my bff Jade asked me what some of my favorite things are, and after naming a few I got laughed at by one Seth Geiger (aka "Gaches House Hobo", aka "Resident Random Guy"). This experience got me thinking, what ARE some of my favorite things? Given that this is now December and the holidays are upon us, I decided to blog about 50 things that continuously make me happy.

I have left out such obvious things as "Family", "Friends" and "Jesus" because everyone in the world knows that I love those people. So don't read this and judge me for not mentioning them.
Some may not share these little nuggets of happiness, but I'm more than willing to hear anyone's list of favorite things:) Do keep in mind, that none of these are in any particular order.

1) Filling my car up with gas=Fresh start on life!
2) Vacuuming the floor and hitting a really dirty spot. The sound the vacuum makes causes me to feel that I'm not working in vain.
3) Quarters!! (Or as Katy Stulce would say in a mimicking tone "Kwah-duz!")
4) Dumping the contents of my Inbox into the Trash on my computer, the sound is rewarding.
5) Liam Neeson, my old man crush.
6) Revelations that I get from reading the Bible. (Holy Spirit "A-HA" moments)
7) Anything Christmas-y
8) Musicals!
9) My Oklahoma Sooners
10) U-CO, you know!
11) Jane Austen
12) Finding a challenging paper topic and feeling the accomplishment of knowing I drove my point home.
13) WEDDINGS! I've loved weddings since the day I was born.
14) Giving presents!
15) Cooking for people:-)
16) Practical jokes.
17) New England. I spent two summers there and am now borderline obsessed with that part of the country!
18) Babies and Children
19) The Snow Miser
20) Dance Parties
21) Traveling
22) Reading about monarchies
23) Stealing my sister's socks
24) Reading the Funnies in the paper
25) Playing "Signs"
26) Movies
27) Valentine's Day (yes, I LOVE this holiday)
28) The color Red
29) Red Velvet Cake, and anything with that flavor
30) Hockey
31) Being with people
32) Peaches, Honey, Cinnamon
33) Hype (I love hype)
34) Speaking in accents
35) "Pump It" by the Black Eyed Peas
36) Coke Icees
37) Facebook Quotes (funny ones)
38) Edmond, OK (aka "The Emerald City")
39) Hearing songs on commercials and looking them up on iTunes later
40) Yahoo! Movies website. I look up movie trailers daily.
41) Emma by Jane Austen (yes, I mentioned her again:)
42) Pussycat Doll Workout Video
43) Kitchen aisles at any store
44) Walking through Home Accessories and planning out my future life.
45) A1 Steak Sauce (I put it in my beef, and on everything else)
46) Pressing the "Walk" button on a Stop Light crossing until it changes
47) Dressing up like a Princess
48) The UCO Wellness Center
49) Capitalizing Everything in a Sentence, Except for Prepositions, Articles and Conjunctions.
50) Creeping into other people's pictures

There you have it! 50 of my favorite things. I hope you've enjoyed this little time of narcissism. If you didn't, you probably stopped reading at number ten...if you read it at all :-)

1 comment: